TerraFirma Foundation Systems supports the Importance of Worker Protections in the face of COVID-19
At TerraFirma, we prioritize the safety, health and well-being of our employees, our customers and the community.
We are proud to be trusted by thousands of Northwest homeowners to keep homes safe, dry and level. Since March, we have worked to continually adapt our operation to respond to the Coronavirus pandemic with the goal of keeping our employees and customers safe.
With that in mind, we wanted to share with you some of the things we’re doing to protect our employees and customers.
- Communicating and enforcing health and safety guidelines in accordance with CDC recommendations, including social distancing and frequent hand washing
- Requiring employees to wear masks
- Requiring telecommuting for all eligible positions
- Eliminating in person internal meetings, instead holding them via teleconferencing or virtually
- Requiring mandatory temperature screening for all employees and visitors before entering any of our facilities
- Cleaning all high touch surfaces multiple times per day with disinfectant
- ½ legal capacity in all vehicles, with a 2 person max. Masks/face shields to be worn at all times within the vehicle
- Provided PPE for all customer facing employees
- Modified customer interactions with options for no and low contact site evaluations/site work
- Shared equipment are to be sanitized after every use
- Posted guidance at all entrances/exits, restrooms, and around the building
- Restricted access and managed one-way traffic flow at our facilities
- Offering additional emergency sick pay for COVID-19 related needs, including support for employees caring for family members
We recognize that even with these measures, we are all at risk to contract and spread COVID-19. Recently, we’ve been working in coordination with the Oregon Health Authority (OHA) to manage an OHA minimum standard of 5 linked cases. This case count includes employees and their direct household contacts. While no cases would be our preference, we remain vigilant in our protocols and proud of our employees’ efforts to stop the spread.